patient pre-op instructions.
Thank you for choosing Ocean Regional Eye Surgery Center for your surgical needs. We would like to make your surgical experience as pleasant as possible. Please read the following instructions ensuring a smooth and pleasant stay.
- A member of our surgical team will contact you the day before your procedure to confirm your scheduled arrival time, review instructions and answer any questions that you may have.
- Please let us know the best way to contact you during the day before your surgery. If you have not received a call by 3 p.m. the day before, please call our center.
- If you become ill or must cancel for any reason, call your doctor immediately.
- Please make sure any tests required by your surgeon are done prior to surgery.
- If you have been asked to remain NPO (nothing by mouth), please make sure you follow instructions.
- Please follow your physician’s instructions regarding medication use and dosage prior to surgery. Diabetic patients will be counseled on an individual basis according to needs and the time of surgery.
- Wear casual clothing and comfortable shoes. Please leave all valuable personal articles at home.
- You may bring eyeglasses, hearing aides, inhalers, etc., with you on the day of your surgery.
- You may not drive home if you have had anesthesia. NJ State regulations and our policy dictate that you cannot be sent home alone.
- Please make arrangements for a responsible adult to accompany you home. Due to medication and anesthesia from surgery your alertness will be reduced and you are not safe to drive.
- Bring all insurance information including any supplemental insurance and Medicare.
- Our center is handicapped accessible with convenient parking on site.